Wednesday, September 16, 2009

10 Minute Meatloaf (Microwave)

1 lb ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 pkg. onion soup mix
2 tbsp. ketchup or tomato sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup Swiss cheese; shredded

Combine all ingredients and shape into a round or oval loaf. Place in microwave-safe dish, cover with waxed paper and microwave on high for 10 minutes, turning dish after 5 minutes of cooking. Remove dish from microwave, drain and cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes longer before slicing. Makes 4-6 servings.

2 comments:

  1. What a novel idea to make meatloaf in the microwave! It quick, easy and convenient - something all families look for in recipes. I am going to experiment with a few of my meatloaf recipes to see if I can adapt them for microwave cooking. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a meatloaf receipe I cook in the microwave. Have found the meat to have better favor if not cooked on high. My microwave has a turntable and I cook for 15-20 min at 75%. For those adopting a recipe you will need to experiment and find what works best for you.

    ReplyDelete