Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Ginger Snap Pot Roast (Crockpot)


1 (4-5 lb.) boneless chuck or bottom round roast
2 cups cut-up veggies (carrots, potatoes, celery, mushrooms)
12 ginger snap cookies, crumbled
½ cup white vinegar
¼ cup ketchup
1 envelope Lipton’s onion soup
1 envelope brown gravy
2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. sugar

Place roast in crockpot and add veggies. Crumble ginger snaps over roast and veggies. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over contents. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 10 hours.

Note: Will be soupy with meat falling apart and easy to separate. Serve in bowls with freshly baked bread.

3 comments:

  1. Ginger Snap Pot Roast is such an original idea. I am going to have to try it. The only thing I would do differently when making pot roasts is I buy grass fed beef from La Cense Beef. I work with La Cense, but grass fed beef is more flavorful and has a great amount of health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara, I agree 100 percent about using grass-fed beef. Thanks for sending us a link to your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe of ginger snap pot roast made in a crock pot sounds delicious and easy. The roast recipe sounds yummy especially for the holidays. Grass fed pot roast has an amazing flavor and is a healthy option. If you are interested in finding good quality meat, I know a great place to buy grass fed holiday roast. LaCense Beef sells high quality, grass fed beef that is antibiotic free, pesticide free, and hormone free. While I do work for them, I can honestly tell you that they are the only meat I will eat because they are much healthier and tastier than the alternative. They have wonderful recipes and make great holiday gifts for friends and family. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete