Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Passover by Design - Cookbook Review

Let me start by saying that I love, love, LOVE the "Passover by Design" cookbook by Susie Fishbein (Mesorah 2008). The beautiful layout of the recipes are easy to follow and the numerous professional photos by John Uher look wonderfully delectable. Fishbein also offers great innovative ideas and tips for seder preparation that effectively blend contemporary trends with family traditions.

The gourmet recipes have been scrumptiously prepared and written for elegance and simplicity, while remaining kosher in accordance with Jewish law. Plus, over 130 of the recipes are gluten-free. I’m not of the Jewish faith, so the first time I used some of the recipes was during Easter, which included Cream of Sweet Potato Soup with Roasted Pecans, Cranberry Chicken, and Butterscotch Crunch Bars. Mmmm! I never knew matzo boards could taste so yummy! Since then I’ve also made the Oranges Stuffed with Cranberry-Cherry Relish, which would be great side dish for Thanksgiving dinner, and the Portobello Stacks with Honey-Balsamic Ketchup.

This wonderful cookbook has definitely taken a spot in the top ten of my must-have favorites and I know I will enjoy it for many, many years!
____________________

Reviewed by Charlene Davis, a business writer specializing in start-up ventures, e-commerce, retail, and food.


No comments:

Post a Comment