Sunday, January 27, 2008

Super Bowl Bean Soup

This is a great recipe that my dear friend, Jacquelyn Lynn, gave to me a while back. I have tweaked it a little to suit my tastes, but its basically the same as hers. This recipe makes up enough to serve 6-8 people but if you have any left over, it freezes well.

INGREDIENTS:

Approx. 2 pounds browned ground beef*
1 (15 oz) can baby lima beans
1 (15 oz) can butter beans
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (28 oz) can pork and beans
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. dried minced onion

PREPARATION:

Brown ground beef and drain off excess fat. Combine with remaining ingredients in a large pot (note: do not drain any of the beans – add the juices to the pot). Heat to a boil and let simmer (covered) or place in crockpot on low until ready to serve.

*Note: Can use 2 lbs. ground sausage or 1 lb. each of ground beef and ground sausage.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE soup in the winter and this sounds like a good one. Do you serve it with a "Beano" appetizer? Seriously, methane is nothing to play around with! :)

    OH! I finished my 3 part post on my anti-filing system! It's called "don't file paper at home anymore" Check it out - you inspired me! I even linked back to you here.

    I'm also participating in a Bloggy Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I was just browsing the web and came across your site. I absolutely LOVE it !!!!

    We have a similar site at http://www.granniesunited.com/ .

    We have started posted various special occasion recipes which other grannies have sent in.

    It would be wonderful if you wanted to share any of your recipes and post a webpage on our site. If not, no problem, and keep up the great work !!!

    Best wishes
    Clare
    admin@granniesunited.com
    http://www.granniesunited.com/

    ReplyDelete