Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Jazzy Green Beans
I’m an old southern gal who loves garden-fresh green beans that have been cooked in salted water seasoned with a dab of bacon grease. Um good! But I also like to sample new dishes and I found some new ways to jazz up those good-for-you green beans:
- Toss steamed green beans with orange-infused olive oil
- Stir fry green beans with butter, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley
- Sizzle green beans in olive oil and soy sauce along with sesame seeds or slivered almonds
- Wrap 10-15 beans in strips of bacon (one strip for each bundle) and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until bacon is cooked)
- Sauté green beans and sliced mushrooms in butter and garlic until tender.
- Add pizzazz to ordinary green beans with various flavored vinaigrette dressings, such as balsamic, herb or citrus.
- Heat a can of green beans and a can of tomatoes in a saucepan; season with Italian seasoning
- Place fresh green beans and sliced sweet potatoes in a foil packet. Drizzle honey-mustard sauce over top and grill for approximately 20-25 minutes
Copyright © Charlene Davis 2007