Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Jazzy Green Beans


I’m an old southern gal who loves garden-fresh green beans that have been cooked in salted water seasoned with a dab of bacon grease. Um good! But I also like to sample new dishes and I found some new ways to jazz up those good-for-you green beans:

- Toss steamed green beans with orange-infused olive oil

- Stir fry green beans with butter, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley

- Sizzle green beans in olive oil and soy sauce along with sesame seeds or slivered almonds

- Wrap 10-15 beans in strips of bacon (one strip for each bundle) and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until bacon is cooked)

- Sauté green beans and sliced mushrooms in butter and garlic until tender.

- Add pizzazz to ordinary green beans with various flavored vinaigrette dressings, such as balsamic, herb or citrus.

- Heat a can of green beans and a can of tomatoes in a saucepan; season with Italian seasoning

- Place fresh green beans and sliced sweet potatoes in a foil packet. Drizzle honey-mustard sauce over top and grill for approximately 20-25 minutes



Copyright © Charlene Davis 2007

2 comments:

  1. This is great Char!! I didn't realize you had this going. This is going to be great for me too!! I am so excited to see this blog!!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love green beans! And what perfect timing, I just picked up some fresh beans yesterday at the grocery store. Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete